The tables were turned here a bit at the weekend – Molly took the lead and came up with *her own* craft idea and I had to *follow* her instructions!! (the power went to her head at times). I was of course a willing pupil, very chuffed that she had come up with this on her own…
Anyhoo as girlie as only a girl thing can be, her craft idea involved cupcakes and decorating :)
read on for Molly’s recipe and decorating instructions….
Ingredients: cardboard, white tissue paper, kitchen paper, red crepe paper, gloopy glue, paint, mini pom poms and glitter
The Step by Step:
– draw a cupcake onto the cardboard, case and top separately, and cut out
– now cut narrow strips of cardboard and stick to the paper case to make it look like the little ridges
– stick the cupcake top to the case with glue
– brush on a layer of PVA mixed with a little water
– paste on one layer of tissue paper torn into small pieces to bind everything together and leave dry
– paint the icing part white and the case yellow (you can pick your own colours, I had to do what I was told)
and now this step I got permission to add in to make the cupcake a little more realistic with drippy icing…
– soak strips of kitchen paper in PVA and twist twist twist into long rope like strips, and drape from top to bottom of the icing area, adding a little more PVA as you go to make sure it sticks in place, and let dry
– paint a small piece of red crepe paper with PVA and scrunch together for the cherry
Decorating Your Cupcake:
– paint over the entire iced top one last time, very gently over the rolls so you don’t flatten them
– stick on some pom poms for the chocolate chunks and glitter for the sprinkles
and now it’s time for the party.
Thank you Molly for the craft lesson :)
Some of the Step by Step Photos
not the best as all I had was my camera phone and it was in danger of being confiscated!