Get Snap Happy With This Fun DIY Camera
Transform a humble cardboard box, paper cup and bits and bobs from around the house into the perfect ‘make and play’ diy camera. We had so much fun making a camera from a laundry detergent lid recently we just had to make another one :)
Materials you need from around the house to make the DIY camera with your children
- small cardboard box
– paper cup
– lid of cosmetic bottle for the camera lens
– small thread spoons or beads for the camera dial
– ribbon, thread or lights old belt for the camera strap
– duck tape
– glue gun
– black permanent marker
Cover the cardboard box with duck tape – substitute with tin foil, wrapping paper or paint if you don’t have tape.
Cut the paper cup/lens across the middle
And cover this too in tape, or paint if you wish
The really fun part!!
Now it’s time to glue everything into place
– the cosmetic lid to the top for the flash
– the thread spoon, button, bead or circles of cardboard on for the camera dial – it’s very important to set the correct photo mode
– and then with a black marker draw on some camera-like graphics
– glue some ribbon or an old belt or braid onto the sides of the box to carry the camera along on your travels
Molly got the great idea that she should add some drawings or pictures cut from a magazine in the centre of the cup so everyone would know what she was looking at through the camera lens xx
Anyone up for some instamatic good fun in the garden, at the beach or on a sunday excursion ?
Happy making, happy playing, happy imagining ….
This everyday recycling projects was created as part of the Sprinkles of Imagination campaign for the cool Nestle fab? Ice Cream team, which has been running over the summer months. Nestle want to help parents and children see the world with a sprinkle of imagination, the essence of the campaign, and the reason I chose to join in the fun as a brand ambassador.
Win a trip to Disneyland Florida!
Check out the great ideas entered in the competition so far here. The competition to win a fantastic family trip to Disney World Florida or a weekly spot cash prize closes on August 31st, but the fun doesn’t have to stop until then. Click here for more inspiration.